Saturday, November 24, 2012



One month later my topic is progressing nicely.  I have done some additional research and have identified and obtained copies of some select highly regarded mystery novels.  These include Agatha Christie’s “And Then There Were None,” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s “The Hounds of the Baskervilles,” and Raymond Chandler’s “The Big Sleep.”  I have begun reading “And Then There Were None,” and have been focusing on the techniques of clue generation, development of theme and character development.  The portions I have read so far also include the beginnings of suspense generation, which I continue to analyze as I read more of the novel.  Additionally, I have read a few “Two Minute Mysteries” to help me build clue development skills, and I plan to read some “Locked Door Mysteries” to help me further develop these skills.  I have also obtained the movies “The 39 Steps” by Alfred Hitchcock, and “Citizen Kane” by Orson Welles.  I plan to watch these movies over the next week or so.  I also plan to obtain the movie “The Usual Suspects,” and a number of other films to learn about suspense techniques using sound, lighting and shadows, and character development techniques.   

No comments:

Post a Comment