Thursday, October 25, 2012

 After much thought and deliberation, I have finally decided that my topic will be about creating a mystery.  I know that this is slightly different from my original proposal, but I want to leave open the possibility of creating either a written project or perhaps an audio-visual project.  My driving question is how to create a mystery novel or movie.  Questions I hope to answer include how do you decide on a plot? How do you go about doing the research? How do you build suspense? How do you integrate and present clues? How do you develop interesting characters?  I will read mystery novels and watch mystery movies to learn various styles and techniques.  Some authors I plan to study include, Sue Grafton, P.D. James, Raymond Chandler, and Agatha Christie. And some filmmakers I plan to study are Alfred Hitchcock, Otto Preminger, Orson Welles, Brian De Palma, David Fincher, David Lynch, and Joel Coen.  I see myself writing an analysis of the steps I will be going through to create my mystery, and the techniques I incorporate into my story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment